Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Aspects of materials, including physical properties, structure, sustainability, manufacturing and use.
|Paper title||Materials: Properties and Applications|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,092.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,004.75|
- 108 100-level points
- Schedule C
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Dr Azam Ali
- A reading list for this paper will be provided to students.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for APPS 201
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Develop knowledge of the interactions among composition, structure and properties of materials and how these relate to processing and function of selected materials
- Identify the key aspects of materials processing, performance and disposal with respect to sustainability
- Apply knowledge of materials to a variety of disciplines via case studies