Historical perspectives; search and rescue; primary aeromedical retrieval; secondary aeromedical retrieval and transfers; logistics of long reach retrieval; tertiary aeromedical transport; logistics of international repatriation; essential pre-flight considerations; working as a team.
|Paper title||Medical Logistics in Aeromedical Transport|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,801.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,869.50|
- Limited to
- MAeroRT, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertAeroRT, PGDipAeroRT, PGDipHealSc
- Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
Course Director: Graham Denyer
- Paper Structure
Core paper for the Postgraduate Certificate in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (PGCertAeroRT) and Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences endorsed in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (PGDipHealSc(AeroRT)). Part of the Masters of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed), Masters of Health Sciences endorsed in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (MHealSc(AeroRT)) and the Master of Aeromedical Retrieval (MAeroRT).
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the first semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Historical Perspectives in Aeromedical Retrieval
- Search and Rescue
- Search and Rescue
- Primary Aeromedical Retrieval
- Secondary Aeromedical Retrieval and Transfer
- Logistics of Remote and Long-Range Retrieval
- Tertiary Aeromedical Transport
- Logistics of International Repatriation
- Essential Pre-flight Considerations
- Working as a Team