Mining; nuclear power and other radiation work; agriculture and silviculture; chemical industries; international business; work in extreme environments and hazardous employment; petrochemical industries including oil and gas exploration; office work, general manufacturing and technical trades; environmental health.
All OAMU papers are taught using the online learning platform Moodle. View a more complete description of this paper.
|Paper title||Health and Industry|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,857.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,363.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, email@example.com.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Mark Newson-Smith
- Paper Structure
- Additional paper for the Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Medicine (PGDipOccMed). Part of the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealthSc(OccMed)) programmes.
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in even years in the second semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Nuclear Power
- The Chemical Industry
- International Business
- Hazardous Occupations
- The Petrochemical Industry
- Office Work
- Environmental Health