This paper is designed to develop skills in performing research and data interpretation and emphasises communicating the excitement and achievements of contemporary biochemistry.
|Paper title||Research Design and Analysis in Biochemistry|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,307.76|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,017.70|
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Peter Mace
- There is no specific textbook for this paper. Examples are drawn from current research literature.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Articulate a broad understanding of contemporary biochemistry and related scientific fields
- Understand the relationship between hypothesis, experiment and data, and know how to apply this to attain knowledge
- Appropriately communicate scientific concepts to both specialist and general audiences
- Evaluate the philosophical and ethical aspects of activities as a scientist
- Identify and critically evaluate relevant information