2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
This paper is designed to develop skills in performing research and data interpretation and emphasises communicating the excitement and achievements of contemporary biochemistry.
|Paper title||Research Design and Analysis in Biochemistry|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,333.93|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,318.60|
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Peter Mace
- There is no specific textbook for this paper. Examples are drawn from current research literature.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Articulate a broad understanding of contemporary biochemistry and related scientific fields
- Understand the relationship between hypothesis, experiment and data, and know how to apply this to attain knowledge
- Appropriately communicate scientific concepts to both specialist and general audiences
- Evaluate the philosophical and ethical aspects of activities as a scientist
- Identify and critically evaluate relevant information