This paper introduces current ground-breaking topics in molecular genetics and biochemistry that will have wide applications in contemporary molecular biosciences.
|Paper title||Molecular Biology|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,307.76|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,017.70|
- A firm foundation in molecular biology is required for this paper but students from
any area of molecular biosciences can take this paper subject to approval from the
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Professor Julian Eaton-Rye
- There is no specific textbook for this paper. Examples are drawn from current research literature.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Articulate a broad understanding of contemporary biochemistry and related scientific fields
- Appropriately communicate scientific concepts to both specialist and general audiences
- Evaluate the philosophical and ethical aspects of activities as a scientist
- Identify and critically evaluate relevant information