An introduction to New Zealand’s legal framework and the law of commercial transactions, different forms of business and the legal requirements relating to these organisations.
|Paper title||Business Law Relating to Entities|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$829.65|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,993.30|
- 54 points from Commerce Schedule C
- BLAW 203, ACTB 203
- Schedule C
- May not be taken concurrently with or after having passed LAWS 203, 204, 307 or 407.
- Teaching staff
- Mr David Sim
Mr Gerard De Courcy
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and tutorials.
- Hubbard, Thomas and Varnham (2013) Principles of Law for New Zealand Business Students 5th ed. Pearson, Auckland.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for BLAW 211
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of New Zealand law and the central role played by the government
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to identify the sources of law
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the place of the Treaty of Waitangi in the New Zealand legal system
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of Property Law
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the law of business organisations