2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
An introduction to New Zealand’s legal framework and the law of commercial transactions, different forms of business and the legal requirements relating to these organisations.
|Paper title||Business Law Relating to Entities|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$863.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,276.80|
- 54 points from Commerce Schedule C
- BLAW 203, ACTB 203
- Schedule C
- May not be taken concurrently with or after having passed LAWS 203, 204, 307 or 407.
- Teaching staff
- Mr David Sim
Mr Gerard De Courcy
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and tutorials.
Hubbard, Thomas and Varnham (2013) Principles of Law for New Zealand Business Students 5th ed. Pearson, Auckland.
Guidebook to New Zealand Companies and Securities Law - 9th Edition
- Published: Jul 2018
- Book Code: 1389Z
- eBook Code: 1389ZEB
- ISBN: 9780864759849 (Book)
- ISBN: 9781775472483 (eBook)
- Course outline
- View the course outline for BLAW 211
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of New Zealand law and the central role played by the government
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to identify the sources of law
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the place of the Treaty of Waitangi in the New Zealand legal system
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of Property Law
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the law of business organisations