An introduction to the general law of contract, including property and insolvency.
An introduction to the general law of contract and aspects of consumer, tort and insolvency law.
|Paper title||Business Law Relating to Obligations|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$863.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,276.80|
- BLAW 211
- BLAW 202, ACTB 202
- Schedule C
- May not be taken concurrently with or after having passed LAWS 202.
- Teaching staff
- Mr David Sim
Mr Gerard De Courcy
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and tutorials
- Hubbard, Thomas and Varnham (2013) Principles of Law for New Zealand Business Students 5th ed. Pearson, Auckland.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for BLAW 212
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of law of contract
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of consumer law
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of the law of torts
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of insolvency law