Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
International financial markets, corporate governance, the time value of money, capital asset pricing models, and financial planning and risk management.
International financial markets, corporate governance, time value of money, valuation methods, financial derivatives and instruments.
|Paper title||Investment and Global Financial Markets|
|Teaching period(s)||3rd Non standard period (25 April 2022 - 10 June 2022)
6th Non standard period (19 September 2022 - 4 November 2022) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,292.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- CMBA 508
- Limited to
- PGDipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGCertEM, PGDipEM, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CMBA508
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, ethics, information literacy, research, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop a robust understanding of:
- Corporate governance
- Time value of money
- Markowitz diversification
- Capital asset pricing model (CAPM)
- Net present value vs. internal rate of return (NPV vs. IRR)
- Weighted average cost of capital
- Gordon dividend discount model
- Agency costs
- Real options
- Financial planning
- Risk management