2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
International financial markets, corporate governance, the time value of money, capital asset pricing models, and financial planning and risk management.
International financial markets, corporate governance, time value of money, valuation methods, financial derivatives and instruments.
|Paper title||Investment and Global Financial Markets|
|Points||15 points 15 points 15 points|
|Teaching period(s)||3rd Non standard period (1 June 2020 - 17 July 2020), 5th Non standard period (14 September 2020 - 30 October 2020), 1st Non standard period (20 July 2020 - 4 September 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,229.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,622.50|
- CMBA 508
- Limited to
- PGDipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CMBA508
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Susan Steer
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, ethics, information literacy, research, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop a robust understanding of:
- Corporate governance
- Time value of money
- Markowitz diversification
- Capital asset pricing model (CAPM)
- Net present value vs. internal rate of return (NPV vs. IRR)
- Weighted average cost of capital
- Gordon dividend discount model
- Agency costs
- Real options
- Financial planning
- Risk management