Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
In this paper students gain valuable experience in planning and designing their master's research project.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (6 July 2020 - 16 June 2021)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,132.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,583.84|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Academic staff and guest lecturers
- Paper Structure
- Attendance of Botany seminars
- Literature review
- Oral presentation
- Project proposal
- Teaching Arrangements
- Tutorials, seminars and self-directed learning
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain an appreciation of research methods and practice and a broad appreciation of current topics in botanical research.