Ordinary differential equations for modelling physical and other phenomena. Complementary mathematical approaches for solving ordinary differential equations, including analytical methods, graphical analysis and numerical techniques.
|Paper title||Differential Equations|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,038.45|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,492.80|
- MATH 170
- MATH 262
- Schedule C
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Mathematics and Statistics' website
- Teaching staff
- To be advised
- Paper Structure
- Main topics:
- First Order Differential Equations
- Linear Differential Equations of higher order
- Systems of Linear Differential Equations
- Analytical and numerical solutions to differential equations
- Laplace Transforms
- Introduction to nonlinear systems and chaos
- Teaching Arrangements
- Five lectures per fortnight and three hours of computer labs per week
- Textbooks to be advised.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for COMO 204
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Critical thinking, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Information and computational literacy
- Interdisciplinary thinking
- Communication and writing skills