Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Network and database principles in the context of web applications. Client/server architectures, TCP/IP stack, information storage and retrieval, and security concepts. Client- and server-side programming, web frameworks.
|Paper title||Web, Databases, and Networks|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021, expected to be offered in 2022 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,092.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,004.75|
- (COMP 101 or BSNS 106) and (COMP 160 or COMP 162)
- COSC 212 and COSC 244
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Commerce, Science
- Teaching staff
Teaching staff to be advised.
To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By completion of this paper students are expected to:
- Understand fundamental concepts relating to computer networking and databases
- Demonstrate the ability to design and develop database-driven web applications
- Develop an awareness of issues surrounding accessibility, security, privacy, and data protection in an online context