Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
The development of an advanced level of knowledge, patient management, diagnostic and operative skills and social awareness within the scopes of dental hygiene and dental therapy practice.
|Paper title||Advanced Principles of Oral Health I|
|Subject||Dentistry (Oral Health)|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (18 January 2021 - 10 December 2021)
1st Non standard period (18 January 2021 - 10 December 2021) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,778.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$21,143.00|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- To be advised
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics,
Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will develop
- An understanding of current scientific oral health-related literature to objectively assess short-term and long-term outcomes of oral health strategies
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge relating to the attainment and maintenance of oral health, priority of management, patient options and required dental referral pathways