Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
The development, implementation and evaluation of an oral health promotion project for a specific group.
|Paper title||Advanced Principles of Oral Health II|
|Subject||Dentistry (Oral Health)|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (18 January 2021 - 10 December 2021)
1st Non standard period (18 January 2021 - 10 December 2021) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,778.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$21,143.00|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
Course co-ordinator: Ms Hanna Olson
Darby and Walsh dental hygiene : theory and practice, by Denise M. Bowen, Jennifer A Pieren. 5th Ed (St. Louis, Missouri : Elsevier, 2020.)
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural
understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Understand the determinants of oral health and health promotion strategies
- Understand health belief models and their application to oral health
- Demonstrate cultural understanding and the ability to the implement the project in a culturally appropriate manner