Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (1 July 2020 - 25 June 2021)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,132.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,583.84|
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Dr Travis Ingram (Department of Zoology; Deputy Director of the Ecology Programme)
Teaching staff: Academics involved in the Ecology Programme as project supervisors
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Preparation of a thesis proposal and/or preliminary research on thesis topic. Normally taken by students in the paper's year (starting in the first semester and finishing in the second semester) for a master's degree by papers and thesis.