An introduction to postgraduate study and its required academic skills through discussion and critical evaluation of national and international trends in education.
EDUC 402 Current Issues in Education
- Communicating your learning
engagements with research literature
- Identifying, locating and reviewing quality research literature
- Using library and research resources to advance thinking and research practice
- Synthesising research literature and reporting on implications for research practice
- The implications of the Treaty of Waitangi for New Zealand education
- Global issues
in education, such as:
- Using PISA/OECD data
issues, such as:
- Modern learning environments
- Partnership schools/COOLs
- Class size
|Paper title||Current Issues in Education|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,120.06|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,439.89|
- Limited to
- Limited to: PGCertEdLn, PGDipEdLn, MEdLn
- Teaching staff
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of this paper, students will be able to:
- Identify educational issues currently under discussion.
- Understand an issue from multiple perspectives.
- Critically evaluate new trends.
- Choose and justify a position on an issue.
- Effectively communicate their learning.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
Students will be expected to access required readings via the library and the Internet and to source their own relevant readings.