This paper involves advanced, independent study. You will study a topic of your choice, with the support of a lecturer in the field.
|Paper title||Special Topic 2|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$940.52|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,439.89|
- 54 300-level EDUX or EDUC points
- EDUX 429
- Students who have not passed the normal prerequisite may be admitted with approval from the Dean of the College of Education.
- Students will need to show evidence of their ability to study independently at this level. The topic of study must be approved by the College of Education.
- Teaching staff
- Co-ordinator: Keryn Pratt
Various teaching staff are involved depending on the topics being studied by students.
- Paper Structure
- Students design their own paper structure in conjunction with their mentors.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Students work largely independently, meeting with their mentors six times throughout the year. The paper is fully internally assessed.
- Students will be expected to access required readings via the library and the Internet and to source their own relevant readings.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Identify and critically review key literature in relation to an education-based topic
- Critically review theories and practices related to an education-based topic
- Report on educational research