A supervised research dissertation of up to 15,000 words on an approved topic.
Students will identify a topic, be assigned a supervisor, and work with them to design, conduct, analyse, and write up a research project.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (3 March 2023 - 23 February 2024) (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,883.38|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Pre or Corequisite
- EDUC 411 or EDUC 412
- Limited to
- (i)Students outside of the approved programmes, with 54 300-level EDUC points, may be admitted with approval from the Dean of the College of Education. (ii)The duration of this paper is 50 weeks.
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: To be confirmed.
- Teaching Arrangements
This Distance Learning paper is taught remotely.
Students will be expected to access required readings via the library and the Internet and to source their own relevant readings.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of this paper, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a high standard in conceptual thought and analysis
- Engage with current and relevant literature in the field
- Apply an appropriate methodology to obtain useful data
- Demonstrate postgraduate-level writing, particularly in the analysis of collected data and the conclusions from such analysis