A supervised research dissertation of up to 15,000 words on an approved topic.
Students will identify a topic, be assigned a supervisor, and work with them to design, conduct, analyse, and write up a research project.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (22 February 2019 - 15 February 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,675.73|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$8,877.11|
- Pre or Corequisite
- EDUC 411
- Limited to
- Limited to: MEdLn
- The duration of this paper is 12 months (50 weeks).
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed
Students will be expected to access required readings via the library and the Internet and to source their own relevant readings.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of this paper, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a high standard in conceptual thought and analysis.
- Engage with current and relevant literature in the field.
- Apply an appropriate methodology to obtain useful data.
- Demonstrate postgraduate-level writing, particularly in the analysis of collected data and the conclusions from such analysis.