Principles of generalist-performed echocardiography, its application to medical diagnosis and management, especially in an emergency or rural setting, to more accurately diagnose and appropriately manage medical problems.
|Paper title||Generalist Medical Echocardiography|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,801.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,869.50|
- Pre or Corequisite
- GENA 718
- GENX 717
- Limited to
- PGCertCPU, PGDipRPHP
- (i) Prerequisite or corequisite: Antegrade Ultrasound Solutions physics course. (ii) Includes three 3-day residential periods.
- Enrolments for this paper are limited, and it requires departmental permission. View more information about limitations of enrolment.
- Teaching staff
- Jill Muirhead, Wendy Finnie, Matt Born, Garry Nixon
- Paper Structure
- A full-year paper, done in conjunction with GENA 718
- Textbook recommendations will be provided during the paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the ability to perform and understand ultrasound techniques and interpret images.