Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Principles of generalist-performed ultrasound, its application to medical diagnosis and management, especially in an emergency or rural setting, to more accurately diagnose and appropriately manage medical problems.
|Paper title||Generalist Medical Ultrasound|
|Teaching period||Full Year (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,889.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,674.00|
- Pre or Corequisite
- GENA 717 or GENX 717
- GENX 718
- Limited to
- PGCertCPU, PGDipRPHP
- (i) Prerequisite or corequisite: Antegrade Ultrasound Solutions physics course. (ii) Includes three 3-day residential periods.
- Enrolments for this paper are limited, and it requires departmental permission. View more information about limitations of enrolment.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- The ultrasound course consists of two papers - GENA 717 and 718 - which are done in conjunction with each other.
- Textbook recommendations will be provided in the course outline.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the ability to perform and understand ultrasound techniques and interpret images.