2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Clinical skills, knowledge and values required in the rural hospital setting for psychiatry, palliative care, and communication with patients in New Zealand’s bicultural and multicultural society.
|Paper title||Communication in Rural Hospital Medicine|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,428.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,181.50|
- GENX 723
- Limited to
- PGCertRPHP, PGDipGP, PGDipPHC, PGDipRPHP
- Bron Hunt (Rural PG administrator): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching staff
Rory Miller and Yan Wan
- Teaching Arrangements
- Distance learning - includes a residential component on marae
- Recommended readings supplied
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the clinical skills and knowledge required to work in rural hospitals in the New Zealand bicultural and multicultural context.