Clinical skills, knowledge and values required in the rural hospital setting for psychiatry, palliative care, and communication with patients in New Zealand’s bicultural and multicultural society.
|Paper title||Communication in Rural Hospital Medicine|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,428.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,181.50|
- GENX 723
- Limited to
- PGCertRPHP, PGDipGP, PGDipPHC, PGDipRPHP
- Bron Hunt (Rural PG administrator): email@example.com
- Teaching staff
Rory Miller and Yan Wan
- Teaching Arrangements
- Distance learning - includes a residential component on marae
- Recommended readings supplied
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the clinical skills and knowledge required to work in rural hospitals in the New Zealand bicultural and multicultural context.