An examination of recent shifts in the methods, theory and practice of historical writing and debates over the nature of history as a discipline.
For honours students, 'Rethinking History' examines the history, theory and methods of modern approaches to the study of the past.
|Paper title||Rethinking History|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,120.06|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,439.89|
- 54 300-level HIST points
- May not be credited together with HIST 405 passed in 2012 or 2013.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of History, Art History & Visual Culture's website
- Teaching staff
- Associate Professor John Stenhouse
- Course materials will be made available electronically.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Critical thinking, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- A broad understanding of history's disciplinary development
- Appreciation of interdisciplinary influences on history
- Ability to write about history at levels approaching professional standards
- Ability to lead and participate in theoretical discussion at a high level