The development of advanced-level Japanese language skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing, applying grammatical analysis to authentic Japanese materials. This course complements JAPA332.
In this paper, students continue to acquire the knowledge of the Japanese language. A variety of speaking and writing activities allows students to place the Japanese vocabulary items and grammar structures they have learnt in context. A big step towards grasping many opportunities offered by one of the world's leading economical and cultural powers.
|Paper title||Advanced Japanese 1|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$868.95|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,656.70|
- JAPA 233.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- JAPA331 and JAPA332 are not sequential and may be taken in any order.
- Teaching staff
- Dr J.-H. Hayashishita
- Paper Structure
- In this paper, the students will:
- Read authentic Japanese materials
- Write and speak complex ideas in Japanese
- Learn Japanese-language grammar
- Expand one's vocabulary of the Japanese language
- Teaching Arrangements
- Three Lectures per week.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to express complex ideas in Japanese and the understanding of how one can proceed with the Japanese language acquisition in the future
- To pass the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test, level N2