2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
General principles of criminal liability. The law relating to indictable and other selected offences. Procedure on indictment and summary procedure (excluding evidence).
The study of Second-Year Law subjects provides the essential knowledge and skills basis for the rest of the law degree. The analytical, problem-solving and reading skills you acquired in LAWS 101 The Legal System will be further developed.
|Paper title||Criminal Law|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,680.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$7,797.00|
- LAWS 101
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
Professor Margaret Briggs
Dr Danica McGovern
Mr Stephen Smith
- All course materials for this paper are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete LAWS 201 Criminal Law will gain knowledge of:
- General principles of criminal liability