2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
The constitution, the institutions of government, the exercise of public power, and relations between persons and the state. Controls on the exercise of public power including an introduction to judicial review.
The study of Second-Year Law subjects provides the essential knowledge and skills basis for the rest of the law degree. The analytical, problem-solving and reading skills you acquired in LAWS 101 The Legal System will be further developed.
|Paper title||Public Law|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,680.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$7,797.00|
- LAWS 101
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Course materials are provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will have an understanding of:
- The constitution
- The institutions of government
- The exercise of public power
- Relations between persons and the state
- Controls on the exercise of public power, including an introduction to judicial review.