Analysis and assessment of the law relating to the use and protection of the natural environment.
This paper complements LAWS 415 Resource Management Law and covers topics including environmental governance, conservation, commercial fisheries and fishing-related mortality, conservation and Treaty of Waitangi settlements.
|Paper title||Environmental Law|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$710.30|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- LAWS 540
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
Course readings via eReserve.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Graduates practising in this area will have an in-depth knowledge of issues in environmental law.