A programme of research and writing undertaken in conjunction with other 300- and 400-level LAWS papers, to be completed in compliance with conditions prescribed by the Dean of Law.
Research and communication skills are a key part of the Otago graduate profile. They
are essential skills for any law graduate. LAWS 498 Research and Writing requires
the submission of five pieces of research written in conjunction with 300- and 400-level
Law papers taken across the degree.
LAWS 498 enrolment indicates the student is completing the five pieces of research and writing required within the Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degrees.
|Paper title||Research and Writing|
|Points||0 points 0 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$.00|
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Faculty of Law academic staff support this programme across the LLB and LLB(Hons) degrees.
- The Law Faculty provides all course materials required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- In this paper students will develop
- Legal research and writing skills
- The skills to find and assess information
- Written communication skills