An introduction to the application of digital technology in marketing. Provides students with a deeper understanding of digital marketing theories and online tools available to markerters. Technical background is not required.
The paper aims to provide marketing graduates with highly sought after knowledge and skills needed to work in a digital environment. Students do not need to have any technical background to do this paper.
|Paper title||Digital Marketing|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,101.55|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,026.17|
- Normally available only to postgraduate and/or DipGrad students.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Marketing's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Mathew Parackal
- Paper Structure
- This paper covers the following themes:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Analytics
- Keyword Research
- Adoption of Technology - A Philosophical View
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Relationship Marketing
- Establishing a Virtual Presence
- Online Tools
- Teaching Arrangements
One 2-hour lecture each week for 13 weeks.
Venue: Otago Business School (confirm room with department)
- There are no required textbooks for this paper.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for MART 466
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of the paper, students will be able to:
- Discuss the digital marketing literature and critically appraise the application of digital technology to achieve marketing goals
- Apply marketing concepts and online tools to design digital marketing strategies
- Establish links with the industry and manage client relationships