The development of advanced performance skills, culminating in a full-length public recital.
Students receive weekly individual tuition and attend performance classes. This paper is assessed by a department panel and an external moderator.
|Paper title||Performance 4|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,845.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$14,820.00|
- MUSI 341 (passed with a grade of at least B+)
- Limited to
- MusB(Hons), PGDipMus
- MUSI 341 must be passed with a grade of at least B+.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts' website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Coordinator: Professor Terence Denis
Teaching Staff: This depends on the instrument chosen.
- 400-level papers are normally available to students enrolled in a MusB(Hons), BA(Hons),
PGDip(Mus) and PGDip(Arts) only. If in doubt as to your eligibility to take a 400-level
paper, see Peter Adams. Not all 400-level
papers will necessarily be offered in every year. Usually three 20-point, 400-level
papers only will be offered - usually MUSI 403, 407 and 442. Students interested especially
in MUSI 410 should see Professor Henry Johnson.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Paper Structure
- Note: All 400-level work is moderated by an examiner external to the University.
- Teaching Arrangements
- One 50-minute lesson plus a performance class per week.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the paper, having been guided through a course of technical and musical study especially designed to meet your individual needs, you should have an appropriate command of your instrument/voice and will be more capable of achieving expressive musical results
- You will also have an enhanced understanding of the repertoire for your instrument or voice