Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Urinary incontinence, prolapse, malignancy of the genital tract, adolescent gynaecology, domestic violence, sexual assault, abortion, infertility and quality assurance.
OBGY 716 gives a foundation on topics such as adolescent gynaecology, termination of pregnancy, continence, fertility, gynaecology oncology and violence and abuse issues.
|Paper title||Medical Gynaecology II|
|Subject||Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (6 April 2021 - 3 June 2021)
2nd Non standard period (31 August 2021 - 1 November 2021) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,733.40|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,404.40|
- OBGX 716
- Limited to
- PGCertWHlth, PGDipOMG
- (i) This paper is designed for the continuing professional education of health professionals involved in the provision of women's health care, and is also a compulsory paper for the Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology. (ii) Limited to 30 students per semester. (iii) For more information: www.otago.ac.nz/womens-health-postg
- Recommended for general practitioners (GPs) and GP registrars and sexual health physicians,
and those doctors considering a future in sexual and reproductive health, general
practice, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics or emergency medicine. Suitable
for midwives, practice nurses, family planning and public health nurses.
Enrolments for this paper are limited and require departmental permission. View more information about limitations of enrolment.
Amanda Phillips: Women's and Children's Health Distance Learning Co-ordinator
Tel: Ask Otago 0800 808 098
- More information link
- View more information on the Postgraduate Programmes in Women's Health website
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Associate Professor Michael Stitley
Teaching Staff: Dr Kate Van Harselaar, A/P Michael Stitley, Dr Mary Hunter, Dr Janet Downs, A/P Peter Sykes
- Paper Structure
- One of four distance-taught papers that are offered as part of Postgraduate Certificate in Women's Health (PGCertWHlth) and Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology (PGDipOMG) programmes
- Teaching Arrangements
Consists of six 2-hour Tuesday evening audioconferences on Zoom conducted fortnightly over twelve weeks.
N1: Tuesday, 6 April - Thursday, 3 June, 2021
Examination: Wednesday, 9 June 2021 delivered online
N2: Tuesday, 31 August - Monday, 1 November, 2021
Examination: Wednesday, 10 November 2021, delivered online
There is no single textbook for this paper. Readings will be provided for students to access via the Library, with additional readings and other multimedia material provided via Moodle.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Cultural understanding, Ethics.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes