The aim is to provide a forum for the advanced analysis and discussion of current methods, experimental design and theories in toxicology.
|Paper title||Current Research Literature in Toxicology|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,655.33|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,318.60|
- More information link
- View more information about PHAL 428
- Teaching staff
- Professor Rhonda Rosengren
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The paper will take the form of weekly seminars based on recent papers published in various toxicology, cancer and biochemistry journals. You will critically review the manuscript, followed by group discussion. The manuscripts are divided into topic areas. There will be one background article, which will introduce the topic. In each topic area the concepts build upon each other, and each successive article must be discussed in the context of the previous article(s). The ability to give a proper research seminar will also be a component of this paper. Therefore, attendance at the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology seminar series every week is a mandatory requirement for this paper.