An integrated approach to professional practice based on research informed learning in tertiary care, rehabilitation and community environments and physiotherapy management of cardiovascular-pulmonary, musculoskeletal and neurological conditions across the lifespan.
|Paper title||Physiotherapy Clinical Practice for Honours|
|Points||90 points 90 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year (3 February 2020 - 7 November 2020), Full Year (3 February 2020 - 7 November 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,303.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$31,388.25|
- Limited to
Dr Ewan Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- More information link
- View more information on the School of Physiotherapy's website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- This is a full-year paper and will include clinical practice in Neurology/Cardiorespiratory/Musculoskeletal. These are undertaken in a variety of practice settings based in Dunedin.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Students are supervised in their placements by clinical supervisors who are registered physiotherapists working in the area. They are supported by University of Otago clinical educators.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On meeting the requirements to pass the paper the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate, in core clinical settings, competence in the areas of professional behaviour; communication; assessment; analysis and planning; interventions; evidence-based practice; and risk management at the standard required for autonomous physiotherapy professional practice at the entry level;
- Demonstrate a high level of ability to critically review the literature and integrate the evidence base into clinical practice;
- Demonstrate self-reflection and learning to inform changes in physiotherapy practice;
- Demonstrate awareness of the place of physiotherapy as a contributor to health outcomes globally and nationally.