A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
This paper takes the form of an original, laboratory-based research project under the supervision of an academic staff member that is conducted over two semesters. A final thesis is written at the end of the year. This paper is an essential component of the Plant Biotechnology honours programme, but may also be taken as part of a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with approval from the Programme Director or their nominee. Completion of a PLBI 490 research project is required for direct entry into the PhD degree programme.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,001.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$18,952.00|
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons)
- Teaching staff
- Professor Julian Eaton-Rye
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Effective analysis and written communication of scientific results
- Laboratory research expertise