Manual and computer treatment planning, attenuation factors, SAD and SSD techniques, IRCU 50/62, energy, beam arrangement, exit dose, weighting, normalisation, inhomogeneities, wedges, monitor units, organs at risk.
|Paper title||Radiation Therapy Planning Concepts I|
|Teaching period||Second Semester (2 July 2018 - 2 November 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$800.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,796.00|
- RADT 117
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
- Billie Mudie
- Bridge, P. and Tipper, D.J. (2017). CT Anatomy for Radiotherapy. (2nd Edition) M&K
Barrett, A., Dobbs, J., Morris, S. and Roquest, T. (2009). Practical Radiotherapy Planning. (4th Edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of basic calculations used in radiation therapy
- An understanding of manual planning principles
- Knowledge and performance of basic principles and concepts of computer planning