2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Application of radiation therapy calculations. Ability to produce and critique radiation therapy computer plans. Applied anatomy and imaging. Application of radiobiology to the clinical setting.
|Paper title||Radiation Therapy Planning Concepts III|
|Teaching period||First Semester (3 February 2020 - 12 June 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,526.16|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$7,671.29|
- RADT 215 and RADT 216
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
- Barrett, A., Dobbs, J., Morris, S. & Roquest, T. (2009). Practical Radiotherapy Planning. (4th Edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to demonstrate
- Knowledge and application of calculations used in radiation therapy
- Knowledge and performance of principles and concepts of computer planning and the ability to critically analyse standard radiation therapy technique computer plans
- Consolidation of imaging and anatomy relevant to radiation therapy
- Application of radiobiology to the clinical setting
- Demonstrate an understanding of IMRT and VMAT planning