A rehabilitation perspective on the assessment and management of musculoskeletal syndromes including back pain, regional pain disorders (including OOS), inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis and limb amputation.
This paper aims to develop a more in-depth understanding of rehabilitation of a range of musculoskeletal disorders. Sufficient detail is provided for students without medical training to gain an understanding of assessments and treatment strategies. Commonalities between different musculoskeletal disorders, especially chronic pain management approaches, will be emphasised. Evaluation of treatment efficacy will be covered in some details to answer the question, "Does it work?".
|Paper title||Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,801.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,869.50|
- Limited to
- MHealSc, PGDipRehab, PGCertRehab, PGDipPhty, PGDipHealSc, MPhty
- Suitable for people who hold a degree or diploma from a New Zealand university or are in an appropriate profession approved by the academic board.
- More information link
- View further information about Rehabilitation Studies
- Teaching staff
- Dr Rebecca Grainger
- Teaching Arrangements
- One 2-day compulsory seminar held at the University of Otago Wellington campus.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students successfully completing this paper will
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the theory and current literature relevant to assessment and management of musculoskeletal disorders
- Develop the skills and knowledge to implement an evidence-based approach to the provision of rehabilitation for musculoskeletal disorders