2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Understanding the workplace, workers and employers and using modern management techniques to reduce worksite injury and promote early return to work.
The aim of this paper is not to turn out vocational rehabilitation specialists, but to enable practitioners from a variety of health and safety disciplines to be more effective in their role as a member of a multidisciplinary vocational rehabilitation team or self-employed care management adviser. The paper is also ideal for occupational health nurses and doctors wanting to learn more about work rehabilitation.
|Paper title||Work Rehabilitation|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,857.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,363.00|
- REHX 706
- Limited to
- MHealSc, PGDipRehab, PGCertRehab, PGDipPhty, PGDipHealSc, MPhty
Suitable for people who hold a degree or diploma from a New Zealand university or are in an appropriate profession approved by the academic board.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information link
- View further information about Rehabilitation Studies
- Teaching staff
- Dr Rob Griffiths
- Teaching Arrangements
- One 2-day compulsory seminar held at the University of Otago Wellington campus
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this paper you will be able to
- Describe the content and context of vocational rehabilitation
- Look at partnerships in vocational rehabilitation
- Identify barriers to return to work
- Do an assessment of fitness to work and workplace assessment
- Do a disability assessment