Supervised individual research on a topic in Social Work.
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,312.10|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,352.87|
- 126 300-level SOWK or SOWX points
- SOWK 590, SOWX 490
- Limited to
- BSW(Hons), MA
- Bachelor of Social Work students are invited to apply based on their third-year grades.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Sociology, Gender and Social Work's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Dr Emily Keddell
- Paper Structure
- Teaching Arrangements
- A series of seminars, plus individual supervision
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the paper students will display an in-depth knowledge of a selected area of research, competent research and analytical skills, and the ability to complete a large written piece of work.