An exploration of contemporary debates in geography with an emphasis on their expression in South Pacific contexts.
About this paper
|Geographies of the South Pacific
|Not offered in 2024 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )
|International Tuition Fees
|Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.
- 54 GEOG points
- GEOG 278
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed when paper is next offered.
- Teaching Arrangements
This course is based on a series of lectures and tutorials as well as a series of key readings.
No textbook is required: key readings will be available on Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper, students should:
- Have a critical awareness and understanding of contemporary debates in geography
- Be able to independently assess and critique how these debates manifest in a South Pacific context
- Have an appreciation for the situated nature of geographical knowledge
- Understand the importance of context and of language in geography.