If you are admitted by invitation, this means that in the year after you are admitted to the Honours programme, you must submit at least two pieces of legal research in conjunction with your 300- and 400-level papers and the research and writing programme in the same year (you may count only one piece of research and writing per paper for this purpose). The best two of these, taken together, must average B+ or better.
If you are planning to spend all or most of that year on subjects other than Law, see the Honours Co-ordinator before you accept the invitation to join the Honours programme. There is a discretion to postpone the invitation in such cases. If you are admitted after an application, you will necessarily have satisfied the standard required for Preliminary Honours and will be credited with having passed it.
About this paper
|Preliminary Honours Research Papers
|Full Year (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )
|International Tuition Fees
|Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- All materials are provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Completion of Preliminary Honours standards.