Selected topics in the law relating to contracts involving the sale of land and the transfer of title.
Vendor and Purchaser is a practically orientated course which deals generally with the sale and purchase of land. The course focuses on the standard form Agreement for Sale and Purchase in use in New Zealand, particularly, the formation of such agreements and a number of issues associated with their operation. It also examines other issues in real property, such as cross leases and unit titles.
About this paper
|Vendor and Purchaser
|Not offered in 2024 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )
|International Tuition Fees
|Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.
- LAWS 203 and 66 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed when paper is next offered.
Course materials are provided electronically via Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will develop a sound understanding of how agreements for the sale and purchase of land come to be formed and how they operate once formed.