This paper introduces current and novel applications of methods and technological advances extending biochemical knowledge in the biomedical and biotechnological fields.
About this paper
|Contemporary Technologies in Biochemistry
|Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )
|International Tuition Fees
|Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.
- A firm foundation in contemporary biochemistry is required for this paper, but students from any area of molecular biosciences can take this paper subject to approval from the Course Co-ordinator.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- There is no specific textbook for this paper. Examples are drawn from current research literature.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Articulate a broad understanding of contemporary biochemistry and related scientific fields
- Appropriately communicate scientific concepts to both specialist and general audiences
- Evaluate the philosophical and ethical aspects of activities as a scientist
- Identify and critically evaluate relevant information