The Anaesthesia and Intensive Care section, through its diverse clinical activities, is involved in a variety of areas including clinical anaesthesia, intensive care, post-operative pain control, chronic and persistent pain management, and aero-medical evacuation of casualties.
Our undergraduate program revolves around the teaching of resuscitation and peri-operative medicine to the medical students during their clinical years. The trainee registrars are involved with our postgraduate program towards Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists.
There is ongoing clinical research activity in our section, mainly related to clinical pharmacology of paracetamol and evidence-based anaesthesia practice.
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care consultants
- Dr Craig Carr Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Michael Hamilton Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Lisa HorrellClinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Claire Ireland Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr David Koskuba Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Geoff LaneyClinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Andrew SmithClinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Edwin van BroekhovenClinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Hansjoerg WaibelClinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Duncan WattsClinical Senior Lecturer
Intensive care consultants
- Dr Mike HunterClinical Senior Lecturer
Contact the Anaesthesia and Intensive Care section
The Anaesthesia and Intensive Care section is located on the fifth floor of Dunedin Hospital, 201 Great King Street, Dunedin.
Aroha Meikle, Administrative Assistant
Tel +64 3 470 9402
Fax 64 3 470 9686
Section of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
Department of Surgical Sciences
Dunedin School of Medicine
PO Box 56