Professional Learning and Development Facilitator (ACC286)
M.Ed, Higher Diploma Teaching Secondary B.Ed.
I support the development of effective pedagogy, leadership and implementation of Te Mātaiaho | New Zealand Curriculum across primary, intermediate and secondary contexts. I work collaboratively to develop school wide and individual kaiako capability, through an inquiry approach that is responsive and tailored to the changing needs of the school/ kura and kaiako.
I have been a national and regional facilitator with extensive experience in curriculum design, assessment for learning, NCEA and teaching for progression.
My work is based on distributed and ethical leadership principles, and the cultural competencies which underpin my approach to teaching and learning ensures all learners can engage in relevant contexts for learning. As a facilitator endorsed for cultural capability my approach includes developing discipline specific literacy, place-based pedagogy and culturally sustaining and appropriate contexts.
My expertise includes
- Local Curriculum design and cultural capabilities
- Assessment for learning with strength in NCEA assessment
- Planning and implementation of Te Mātaiaho – The New Zealand Curriculum
- Designing materials to support kaiako and learner development
- Online facilitation and eLearning pedagogies.
- Teaching as Inquiry as methodology for change and improvement
- Coaching for pedagogical leadership and feedback for continuous improvement in leadership and teaching practices
- Culturally sustaining pedagogies
- UNESCO 21st century pedagogies
Learning Area Expertise
- National and regional facilitation in Technology and Food and Nutrition
- Curriculum leadership and development in Technology Education design and assessment
- Working with Networks of Expertise to develop understanding of all Technological areas including Digital Fluency, Computational thinking and Designing and Developing digital outcomes
- Working within the Food and Nutrition focus area of the Health and Physical Education Learning area