Professional Learning and Development Facilitator (Specialisation: Literacy) ACC 288
PhD, MMgmt, Higher Dip Teaching, B. Ed
Wellington | Te Whanganui a Tara
Tel | Waea +64 21 912 947
Email | Īmēra email@example.com
I enjoy working collaboratively with leaders and teachers to address a wide range of professional learning and development needs. I have considerable experience and expertise in working with teachers and leaders to embed effective literacy practice across the curriculum. This includes understanding and using assessment data, reviewing and developing across-school literacy plans, and designing responses to support literacy achievement. I have in-depth knowledge and expertise in the use of the Curriculum Progress Tools (LPF and PaCT), for reading and writing.
My expertise also includes mentoring middle and senior leaders, curriculum design and supporting culturally responsive teaching and learning. I am endorsed for facilitation in cultural capability.
Within Kāhui Ako, I have worked with lead principals, and across-school and within-school leaders to critically examine and reflect on the direction of the Kāhui Ako for the benefit of all community members. This work included data analysis, strategic planning, and developing capabilities within the various leadership roles.
At a national level, I have played an active role in the review and development of secondary literacy initiatives, literacy professional learning, resource development and assessment, including NCEA literacy.
My expertise includes
- Working collaboratively with teachers to build and enhance cultural capabilities.
- Local curriculum design that is responsive and unique to each school setting.
- Assessment for learning, with a particular strength in literacy.
- Literacy effectively embedded across the curriculum, including disciplinary literacy at secondary level.
- NCEA Literacy: Supporting in-depth understanding of effective literacy pedagogy, and the literacy requirements for NCEA.