Professional Learning and Development Facilitator
(Specialist Mathematics and Statistics) (ACC289)
M.Ed.St, BSc, Dip Tchg
As an accredited professional learning and development facilitator endorsed for cultural capability, the design and delivery of PLD that meets the needs of a diverse range of learning communities throughout Aotearoa is at the heart of my mahi. I believe a focus on transforming outcomes for ākonga and whanau is paramount. This kaupapa shapes how my mahi is aligned to the Ministry of Education priorities.
I am committed to building strong relationships with kaiako, middle and senior leaders, and matching their needs and readiness for challenges to new learning. My work is underpinned by research, merging theory with practice in order to enhance kaiako and ākonga learning outcomes.
I support kaiako and leaders to analyse data, identify needs, and determine desired outcomes for ākonga.
As a Mathematics and Statistics facilitator across primary and secondary settings, I support kaiako to inquire into their practice to identify areas for growth. This includes the development and integration of the key competencies, vision, principles, and values into the programme design and formative assessment aligned with Te Mātaiaho, and NCEA.
I encourage the use of digital technologies to enhance learning within the classroom and at home.
My expertise includes
- Developing kaiako knowledge of Te Mātaiaho |The New Zealand Curriculum and subject specific pedagogical knowledge
- Supporting kaiako to plan and deliver engaging and relevant 21st Century programmes of learning
- Supporting the development of digital fluency
- Cultural Capability
- Local Curriculum Design and community engagement
- Assessment for Learning including NCEA
- Development of resources to address destreaming in schools.
- Key competencies
- Mathematics and Statistics in Years 1 – 10
- NCEA (Levels 1–3) Mathematics and Statistics and NCEA Numeracy
- Accelerated Learning in Mathematics ( ALiM )