We provide opportunities for teachers of English to develop and enhance their English teaching capabilities in order to provide high quality learning experiences.
We support teachers by:
- Providing professional development in the teaching and learning of English
- Building pedagogical practice in the English learning area
- Helping teachers to inquire into their practice by using their knowledge, data and tools
- Evaluating the impact of an inquiry into practice
This will be achieved by:
- Developing teachers' knowledge of English language, literature and literacy skills
- Building skills in ways of using data to improve literacy in English
- Tailoring a programme to meet the needs of students using authentic and complex settings
Support may be provided in-person or remotely providing support for a team of teachers in a school, or working with a group of schools as a cluster. This support includes contact in-person or online to meet with focus teachers, and regular wananga to share the progress of learners and discuss the impact of effective teaching practice.