Education Support Services vision:
Through effective advisor practice, we will enhance the quality of teaching and learning to improve outcomes for all learners.
Education Support Services (ESS) has been developing and providing high quality professional learning and development support to educationalists in Otago, Southland, nationally and, latterly, internationally, for over 20 years.
We have committed and experienced facilitators who:
- Are flexible and responsive in order to meet a variety of demands within a range of contexts, including schools and organisations.
- Provide challenging, effective professional support to build sustainable teaching and learning practice in a variety of contexts
- Evaluate practice focussing on continuous improvement
- Provide a safe and inclusive environment which values and support the cultures and diversity of Aotearoa New Zealand.
ESS values and enacts:
- Manaakitanga – ethic of care/values
- Ako – reciprocity
- Whanaungatanga – relationships – know the learner
- Wānanga – communication/collaboration
- Tangata Whenuatanga – Socio cultural awareness, identity.
Education Support Services operates from two sites, Dunedin and Invercargill. The Dunedin office is located on a site that has a long tradition of education and considerable significance as a place of learning for local Māori.