An opportunity for teachers of the Arts to extend their practical knowledge, attitudes and values essential to the teaching of Music, Drama, Visual Arts, Dance and Art History.
We support teachers by:
- Providing professional development in the teaching and learning of the Arts
- Building pedagogical practice and culturally responsive pedagogy in the Arts learning area
- Helping teachers to inquire into their practice by using their knowledge, data and tools
- Evaluating the impact of an inquiry into practice
This will be achieved by:
- Developing teachers' abilities to utilise the Arts as a vehicle for students to communicate and interpret ideas
- Exploring the links between the purposes for creating Art and student engagement, literacy and other curriculum areas
- Tailoring a programme to meet the needs of students using authentic and complex settings
Support may be provided in-person or remotely providing support for a team of teachers in a school, or working with a group of schools as a cluster. This support includes contact in-person or online to meet with focus teachers, and regular wananga to share the progress of learners and discuss the impact of effective teaching practice.
Phone: 03 479 4907