Otago Executive Education works closely with you
We customise the training to your organisational requirements and personalise it to the individual participant's needs.
Our service involves:
- Really understanding your needs: Our management team and facilitators work directly with your organisation to understand your specific objectives and needs. They will visit your workplace to observe the working environment and customise the courses to ensure the content and delivery meet the needs of both the organisation and individual participants.
- Coaching at personal level: Each programme is about eight months in duration and includes a one-week residential programme which can take place at any one of our campus locations in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or Dunedin. This learning process includes coaching at personal level.
- Measuring the outcomes: We go the extra mile to measure the impact of the training for your workplace. After completing the residential immersion experience, students return to the workplace to put their learning into practice. Our on-going assessment procedures are designed to quantify the student's individual learning, and the outcomes for the organisation.
- Standing out from the crowd: The in-house structure, modular format, commitment to innovation, flexibility, and personalisation of our programmes make our programme stands out from the crowd.
Executive Education at Otago offers two Options
You choose the degree of customisation offered within the course. We can work with you to either:
- Take a base course and contextualise the content for your industry OR
- Generate a personalised course from the 'ground up'. We focus on the capabilities within your organisation you would like to build or change, and customise all content to meet your exact needs.
We aim to provide an Executive Education solution that offers maximum value and impact for your organisation. This includes choice of facilitators, content, pre-course material, post-course elements and the assessment structure.
Popular Programmes delivered by Executive Education
Some of our most popular programmes are in the areas of:
- Strategic Thinking
- Finance for non-financial Managers
- General Management Concepts
- Project Management
- Managing People and Performance
- Marketing – Creating Value for Customers
Gain Academic Credit towards a Postgraduate Qualification
Each training course is delivered at NCEA Level 8 and worth 15 points, which is the equivalent of a postgraduate certificate, diploma or bachelor honours degree paper.
Studying towards a formal qualification is entirely optional. However, students can choose to either study towards a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert Executive Management) or a Postgraduate Diploma in Executive Management (PGDip Executive Management).