Follow the steps below to apply for an entrance scholarship
You apply via eVision. eVision is the University’s student management system. It is your go-to for all study-related information.
Before you start the application process:
- Get prepared before applying
- Decide on the scholarships you are interested in applying for – you will need to apply for all of the scholarships at the same time
- Check your eligibility for your chosen scholarships
- Arrange referees
Complete the first stages of enrolment to the University by selecting the undergraduate programme you wish to apply for. Follow the steps to create your eVision account.
Please note that the Honours programmes are a one-year postgraduate programme that you can complete after your undergraduate degree. If you enrol in an Honours programme you won't see the entrance scholarships apply now button.
Select the Complete application button in your eVision portal under "My programmes and papers". Complete the first three enrolment steps then select Home.
Select the Apply now button under “My scholarships and awards”. If you do not see this button please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Student ID number (found under "My details") in your email.
You will be asked what year you intend to begin your study and will then be given the option of selecting which scholarships you would like to apply for. Tick the boxes for every scholarship that you are eligible for. After you have submitted your application you will not be able to return to select more.
You will be asked questions relevant to each scholarship you wish to apply for.
- Questions with an * at the end are mandatory fields and you will not be able to continue your application until something is entered in these fields
- Questions or document upload options without a * are optional and you do not have to include a response if you do not wish to
- If you are being asked to upload a mandatory document, check this webpage for information on what is required.
After answering the questions for each scholarship application you will be asked if you have taken part in any University of Otago programmes.
Next you will be asked about your school qualification and will be given the option of uploading your school results.
The last step is to complete a declaration. Read the privacy statement and declaration carefully before submitting your application.
When you have submitted your application you will get the following message:
You will also be able to see a list of the scholarships you have submitted an application for in your eVision portal in the Scholarships and Awards section. If the status is “Incomplete” you have not submitted your application and you will need to go back into it through the “Apply now” button on the Home page of your portal.